A great state meet with a lot of balance outside of the top 3! Lyons and Freeport the only teams to make it to Saturday who weren't ranked.
1. Harlem (1): Huskies were the best team for much of the year and well deserving of the state championship.
2. Hononegah (2): Clear cut No. 2 team throughout the year and finished that way. In most years would have been good enough to win.
3. O’Fallon (4): Safely finished in third place, which was its ranking for much of the season.
4. Triad (6): First trip to state was a great one, finishing fourth.
5. Rockford East (5): Another team that succeeded in its first trip to state, finishing fifth.
6. Belleville East (3): A disappointing end to a great season for Lancers, finishing 11th in state. Only team to win regional and sectional titles. Battled flu last week.
7. Lake Park (13): Finished the season strong with a sectional title and sixth place state finish.
8. Freeport (-): Bookended its season with seventh place at state after winning opening tournament.
9. Sandburg (11): Solid throughout the year and finished eighth at state.
10. Lincoln-Way West (9): Good finish to season for Warriors and placed ninth in state.
11. Lockport (10): Porters took 10th in state.
12. Stevenson (12): Escaped sectionals last year, finishing sixth. No such luck this year in hardest sectional.
13. Minooka (7): Another disappointing state finish for Indians.
14. Sycamore (8): Surprisingly missed finals, but had a great season.
15. Lyons (-): Strong finish to season after taking 12th in state.
Others: Notre Dame, Morgan Park, Columbia